12 November 2006

Digital Skills: HTML, CSS, and Domain Registration and Hosting

For my final project, I decided to use free space offered by Netfirms.com. I did not register my domain, however Netfirms is still hosting my site.

The site is at www.gwot.netfirms.com.

If you look closely on the page about women, each link to the individual women uses Javascript to format the new window that opens. I set the format to include only the title bar as opposed to all the other junk you get when you browse. At the bottom of the page you will notice more javascripting which closes the window.

If you look on the page for women and click on Major Carr, you will notice a neat little US Army Star attached to the pointer.

The site will be further developed and hopefully completed by the end of the course.