13 October 2006

Wikis: Digital Skills Requirement

IAW the course requirements RE digital skills, I contributed to a page on Wikipedia. The experience was pleasing, whereby the actual process of editing the scanty profile of a historic personality was very simple, but also empowering. Against my own wishes, I have arrived at the very edge of Rosenzweig's pit. And I think I am going to fall in! His dictum included a personal obligation for me to correct or provide information that I covet. It took me one hour and 45 minutes to edit the piece. I was optomistic that it would NOT take that long, but who am I kidding, except maybe myself?! I must confess that it felt good and I have plans to continue- especially since the coverage on the general subject is less than noteworthy. Here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_von_Frundsberg

DS